6/27/12

No-Bake Cookie "Fakebites"



[see what I did there?]

Let me just preface this by saying, I’m a lazy treat-maker. Which is why I rarely, if ever, make treats. Mostly because I’m admittedly too snobby to make any treat from a box, but also because I’m too lazy to put in the exacting effort it takes to make treats from scratch. Then these puppies came along, and have since allowed me to look like a talented and dedicated treat-maker (especially to my neighbors). Thank you Bakerella, for giving me the solid foundation upon which I can now make a variety of crazy delicious [and super lazy-simple] treats. No need to bake and wait, these cookie Fakebites are ready almost as soon as you are!


Annie’s “Fakebites”

Package of Golden or Classic Oreos* [depends on if you want chocolate or vanilla]
8 oz cream cheese
Candy Melts, or dips

* double stuft are fine, but you’ll need to use less cream cheese

This is the barebones recipe upon which you can flavor, add, sprinkle and decorate to your heart’s desire.

Process a half or full sleeve of Oreos in your food processor until finely ground. Add cream cheese, one tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached; I prefer a cookie-dough consistency. Scoop & roll mixture into 1” balls. Melt your Candy Melts according to directions. Dip balls into Candy Melts and allow to set on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.

Now, to a batch of classic Oreo Fakebites, I had some raspberry cheesecake fudge… so I threw that in there and made some pretty delicious chocolate- raspberry Fakebites. Honestly the possibilities are endless to the flavors you can add, and the decorations you can do. The ‘bites can be made into any shape (hearts, footballs, stars, etc.), you can add flavored cream cheeses, flavored fudges, peanut butters, baking chips….. I could go on and on! Let your imagination run wild and enjoys these crowd-pleasers!